Non-traditional tunes?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    KirbyBanjo
    Participant

I love my minstrel banjo and am learning the proper techniques and tunes, but I have been playing piano for decades, so there are a ton of tunes I love to play that I enjoy failing on my new banjo.

I just can’t wait to be king, from lion king, is a blast, the beginning riff is just a G arpeggio then C chord (I haven’t figured out how to handle the key change to Ab yet, though).

Curious what other tunes you all enjoy that are outside the traditional tune set. I might record a couple I like to put on here.

tomn
    Participant

I agree with you on playing more contemporary music/songs on the banjo. When I first stared to learn to play we were working on songs about mules, ladies dresses, cornbread, etc.. Modern music when played on a banjo has a completely different but comfortable and familiar sound.

tomn
    Participant

I agree with you on playing more contemporary music/songs on the banjo. When I first stared to learn to play we were working on songs about mules, ladies dresses, cornbread, etc.. Modern music when played on a banjo has a completely different but comfortable and familiar sound.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.