Free Banjo Kit Giveaway

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    oliviahartland
    Participant

I was mostly inspired to get a banjo by listening to music from folks like Matt Heckler, and I also just really enjoy collecting and learning instruments. I find the banjo much easier than guitar, and I like the versatility of different tunings and string options and whatnot. Found Clifton Hicks shortly after getting my banjo back in January and didn’t give bluegrass a second glance haha. So much can be said for learning songs by ear & tuning the banjo to one’s voice. Really excited for the chance to win a kit – I’ve been wanting to build my own banjo.

conradje
    Participant

I have purchased a number of Carver Banjos and enjoy building the banjo kits. Brians new design is great and very fellable. It is very interesting to watch his construction videos both new and old
    Joe Conrad

Holly
    Participant

Hi Brian & hello new forum friends! As I approach my 3 yr “banjo-versary” next month I would love to win a bent rim kit! I started my banjo journey not knowing I needed a banjo. After buying my daughter a ukulele, I began strumming and fingerpicking on it myself and played for about a year, but not really finding my groove.  I was introduced to clawhammer style ukulele after seeing an Aaron Keim video on YT and was hooked, and took very quickly to the style, but the 4 string ukulele sound was missing something… a 5th string.  So i got brave and took the plunge and bought a Deering steel string.  But I still wasn’t finding the exact sound I was looking for.  That’s when I found carverbanjos.com.  Brian’s kits have been a true blessing in my banjo playing. My first kit was his travel banjo kit, I needed something to play when I flew to St. Croix and it packed into my carry on with an easy break down and assembly.  I love it!  Next was his Mountain Banjo. Fantastic sound and playability! I play it every day.  I also added the gourd banjo kit to my collection, and boy is that a beauty!  So you can see why I need the bent rim to add to my collection now.  And I have to say how great the quality and customer service are with Carver Banjos.  Brian really shows how much he cares about what he is doing.  Lastly I will say my inspirations have been Adam Hurt and Steve Martin, along with the teachings of Brad Kolodner, Tom Collins, Josh Turknett, and again Adam Hurt.  All online instruction for free or a very low cost.

Holly Jackson
    Check out my youtube channel to see my journey!

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Holly. Reason: added link
    wa1zxx
    Participant

I have been playing guitar for 10 years and have more guitars than I should in my collection. A few years ago, my wife found a video on youtube of Rhiannon Giddens playing a banjo while sitting under a tree. I was so impressed with her playing. She got me started looking at banjos and inspired me to play one. My previous banjo listening experience was Hee-Haw, The Beverly Hillbillies and that infamous movie that made Duelling Banjos so popular. My wife said ‘you don’t have a banjo.’ So over time I bought a Deering Goodtime 2, then a mountain banjo kit from harpkit.com. Then a Deering Sierra. Then a Gold Tone CC-100R. Winter is coming and I am seriously looking at a Carver kit to keep me busy. Perhaps I will get lucky and win the 12″ one? Please?

joela416
    Participant

Loved the sound of the banjo ever since seeing a Menard’s commercial as a kid. My tastes have gravitated towards the old time clawhammer sound and I’d love to build my own some day. This type of kit seems like a great first step.

RFJanser
    Participant

I have always been enamored with the sound of the banjo and wished I could play one. Now that I am retired I have the time to pursue this wish. I have just finished an introduction to jaw hammer class at the Algoma Traditional Music, Arts, and Crafts Camp on St. Joseph Island in Ontario, Canada and am fired up to get started. Winning one would be great but I will be ordering one if I don’t. Great videos by the way.

Carver Banjos
    Keymaster

Thank you to everyone that has participated in this thread.
    I enjoyed reading the posts and hearing how you’ve all gotten into the banjo.
    It’s my hope that you all continue to check into the forums and post again in the future.
    I know some people have had trouble signing up for this forum and that is something I am working on figuring out. If you have tried to sign up but we’re unable to post please email me and I will try to resend confirmation emails. I will do another giveaway in the future when I have all of these technical issues sorted out so that everyone will have a fair chance to participate.

Now, the winner, drawn at random from a hat: tpierc
    Please email your neck/fret choice for your 12” rim kit and shipping address to Brian at carverbanjos@gmail.com

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.