Travel DIY Banjo Kit (Deluxe)
Take your music with you where ever you go. This short scale DIY banjo kit makes a more portable instrument. The entire body comes with a pre-installed overlay in your choice of walnut or maple. The final product is a stunning banjo that looks as good as it sounds.
This kit tips a hat to the traditional mountain banjo style while taking advantage of modern hardware to create the best instrument possible.
You need no woodworking experience or specialized tools. You’ll be free to enjoy the unique experience of building your own instrument without the worry of costly mistakes. The end result is a fully-playable banjo with a personal connection to you.
Each kit comes with illustrated easy-to-follow instructions.
Features & Dimensions:
- Baltic birch 13 ply neck and body with maple or walnut overlay
- Dot inlay fret markers
- 21″ scale length
- 32″ total length
- Old-time style neck, angled to provide perfect string action and playability
- 8″ adjustable tension white drum head
- 5/8″ maple and rosewood bridge
- Built-in tailpiece for simplicity and ease of use
- Zero-fret nut for perfect intonation
- Steel strings
- 5 machine tuning pegs
- Warm, bright sound thanks to the steel tone ring
- Quality stainless steel hardware
- Your choice of fretted or fretless fingerboard